Re: LZ: TeleconfereNce

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: TeleconfereNce

Oo7goldeni@aol.com wrote:

> I just thought of something.  If only one calculator can talk at a time
> during a "conference," there is no way for any other calculator to acknowlege
> during data transfer... as is the case when only two are linked.  This would
> cause the timing of all of the ports to be different, because all calcs have
> different battery levels and some may be turboed etc.  What if a tuboed calc
> was sending to a bunch of non-turboed calcs?  It would send the data too
> fast, and there would be no way to tell the turboed calc to slow down because
> all of the non-turboed calcs' signals would get crossed trying to tell the
> fast calc to slow down.  Therefore, the non-turboed calcs would miss most of
> the information being sent.  There is no way to sinc the calcs, because they
> do not have timers.  Thoughts?
>
> Seth Jentner
> Oo7goldeni@aol.com

That si why having one "server" or head calc that does all the tiem
calc's and all the directing of messages would work. Because it is the
only factor involved with timing or battrery life.
                            Clegg@newrock.com
                  "Everything under the sun is in tune,
                   But the sun is eclipsed by the moon"
                                      --Pink Floyd, DSOTM