Re: LZ: Teleconferece

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Teleconferece

PROTOCOL IDEA:
ok... this is something that would be VERY simple. Since data comming from
the port is 1s and 0s, we can send text in morse code. 1s would be dots, and
0s will be dashes. Everybody who wants to chat connects at the same
frequency. The software for the TI would do this. If the calculator is
receiving, it would not transmit. So it won't interfere with the
transmittion. If a person tries to transmit, it would be put in a "cache"
and transmitted when  the line is free. And that's all you need. To make
people on the link more distinguashable, you could make the software prefix
the name of the calc in front of every transmittion. All of this would be in
morse code. If 1s and 0s won't work, (because of timming difficulties), you
could make a dot be 11 and a dash be 01, and 00 would be the "line clear"
signal. So other people can broadcast when there is a stead 00. Does this
make sence?? It would be easy to impliment, like only a couple thousand
bytes, i imagine less than 6000???? I think.