Re: LZ: a link idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: a link idea

>> The problem with this approach is that using the "eye" the chatters would
>> have to be in the same room, somehow with each calc "looking" at every
>> other.
>>
>> BTW, one of my friends has the timex program...
>>
>> -----
>> Marc Heikens
>> kheikens@3-cities.com
>>

>I'm not implying that this would be useful for teleconf.  I just see it
>as an alternative to a link cable.  This would also free up port on your
>computer.  (I have a friend who can't link to his computer because he is
>out of free ports.) I think that this is worth investigating.
>
>Zach Hughes (CyberTek Games)

It wouldn't though, because you'd have to use a port to send from calc to
computer--the timex program doesn't receive from the watch, it can only
send.

On my computer, I have to keep disconnecting my modem to use the link, but
that's not a big deal.  I've got it down to an exact science, now :)

-----
Marc Heikens
kheikens@3-cities.com