Re: LZ: Teleconferece

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Teleconferece

> > >  The calculator uses 4 AAA batteries, y-ing or daisy chaining the port
> > >will (I think) split up the power too much... example:  RT link and
> Buzzer:
> > >half the sound and not as much distance w/ the link.  Plus I think it
> may
> > >make battery life quite a bit shorter.  I think this make sense.
>
> ok i was thinking after reading a bunch of these teleconference messages.
> I thought up a plan that wouldn't require us to make networked together to
> form a chat thing. Instead, use the already existing chat place - IRC. The
> way this would work is that the calculator would have an RT-link and your
> computer would have an RT-link (use the graphlink to hook the RT-link to
> computer). Then, boost the range of the RT-link by quite a bit (3 miles??
> if possible?). Now, make a program to put on the calc that would
> comunicate with the computer and receive messages from an IRC prgram on
> the com. Hmm.. after reading this, it sounds confusing, but do you guys
> get what i'm saying??

This whole "teleconference" thing is a useless and impractical idea, as
demonstrated by this reply. It will NEVER happen on the TI-85. And you can
quote me.

The problem, as I see it, is that either people don't know what they are
talking about, or they lose their sense of practicality. Ask yourself: "Can
this possibly fit in 28,000 bytes?" "What useful end will this achieve?"
"Will the  neccesary hardware be inexpensive and easily assembled?" and so
on...

jadema@grfn.org