Re: LZ: Teleconferece MAKE IT HAPPEN!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Teleconferece MAKE IT HAPPEN!

> This teleconf thing is great BUT! we need people who can program ASM
> very good adn efficent to make it work.  we also need people who know
> the TI transfer Rates, protocals, timing, and specs.  adn then we need a

Track down the text files on ticalc.org...  the LINKPROT, PORT_7 and
T__PORTS ones... I think it is 9600 bps (so I've been told)... there is
plenty of info in the files...

> test on 4 calcs to see if it runs... tomarrow (After I get bakc from
> work at 5:00pm CST) will begin a Flow Chart to show what I vison this
> "Teleconf."

Good luck...

> it will be a Very historic milestone in TI 85
> history.  Just as big as Z-Shell (we maybe not that big cause with out
> it this wouldent run! :( )

I am having and extremely hard time "justifying" the Teleconference thing,
the range on a RT link is short, (within yelling distance).  (to cut my
BSing short:)  I think the teleconference is only really usable as a
"cheat" for tests and such in school.  Possible you could "Talk" to a
buddy in the next room, but...

I think it would be pretty slick if you could get a serverless multi-user
limited freq network going (and implementing a chat on it would be easy),
but developing the network itself will most likely be, uhm, hard.

Jacob

<pre>
--
  ab976@seorf.ohiou.edu