Re: LZ: Teleconferece

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Teleconferece

> > Now, we believe that if several TIs are set on the same freq that they
> > should be able to comunicate together at once.
> >
> > .. snip ..
> >
> > Now I am not sure if this will work or not since (to my knowledge no
> > RT-LiNKS have been made by anyone but the author) no one has made 4 to work
> > together.
>
> This should not work.  The TI does not use a signal that would allow for
> this.  It is instead a simple on off type of signal designed for two
> calculator use.  Simply putting more on the same freqs would not be any
> more successful than putting splitters on the regular link cable.

Well, with the standard system routines, this would be correct, but I'm
sure it'd be possible to create some type of networking software in
assembly where each calc handles the incoming signal depending on where
it's coming from -- it'd require a lot of synchronization and thought,
obviously,  and I don't know if you'd be able to have it recognize it
when a new calc joins without telling each calc explicitly, but it should
be able to be done to handle multiple calcs as long as the programming's
right, right?

Later,

     Josh Hays          |             johays@brownell.edu
  Omaha, Nebraska       |      http://www.brownell.edu/~johays
      "Id quod fuimus aut sumus, non cras erimus." -Ovid