LZ: Teleconferece

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Teleconferece

My friends and I are nearing completion of the RT-LiNK.  (Actually it is
being renamed due to some changes in its construction)

Now, we believe that if several TIs are set on the same freq that they
should be able to comunicate together at once.

Is there anyone willing to aid us in developing an IRC like program for the
Link/Zshell?  When I say IRC I don't mean like mIRCs interface, I mean like
the REAL IRC (UNIX) ...  Where you type on the bottom line and all the text
scrolls on top of it.

I think the program would work like this:

Each TI would need to assign itself some random name.  Then whenever another
TI sends out any string, it would be affixed with the name of the TI so that
the other TIs would understand what was going on.  This type of design might
allow for leaving and joining in.

Now I am not sure if this will work or not since (to my knowledge no
RT-LiNKS have been made by anyone but the author) no one has made 4 to work
together.

I am learning ASM so I wouldn't be of GREAT help since I do not know about
sending and receiving data through the ports (however if someone would
consoldate the information, I may be able to pick it up quickly).

James C. Lewis
e.magination  [An Electronics Supply Distro  Specializing in The TI-Graphics
Calcs]
http://ww2.netnitco.net/users/jlewis/homepage.htm