Re: LZ: Help with programming please! And a new question, too.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Michael wrote:

> Well, my levels are going to be pretty small since there will be no
> scrolling (only 112 bytes each) so it isn't going to take up a great
> deal of space.  i guess i can just use the graph mem for simplicity.
> Here is my other question.  if you have a sprite in the background,
> and another sprite passes over it, how then do you not lose the pixels
> of the background sprite?  Will the background sprite just need to be
> redrawn?

Another great problem I have... :-) I think I'll do like this: the graph
screen stores the background, and each new frame the graph screen will
be copied to the LCD screen. This may sound stupid and take some time,
and yes it will, but not that much. If you have many sprites moving
over background sprites it's the best way (I think) and definately
the easiest to code.

Btw, if each level will only be 112 byte, use the second text memory for
the level and the graph memory for background storage.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "I want to stand in the eye of a storm
mailto:mja@algonet.se         I want to get struck by lightning