Re: LZ: Link Protocol; term prog for 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Link Protocol; term prog for 85

I geuss I should say this now that more conversation has started about
it.  I have started a ZTerm program, I don't know if that will be the
final name.  I fixed most of the stuff from talk85 and when communcating
with comp through terminal program, it works fine(except for the ascii
code for backspace, which I haven't gotten around to.)  I sent a beta out
to a few beta testers, (cause I have no 9600 external modem to test it),
and according to one, it connected to his isp, and the problems were
that all of the vt100 commands appear on the screen when actually they
shouldn't :(, and some characters he couldn't use(like # for IRC and @
for e-mail.  Other than that, it worked fine :).  so when I get around to
including vt100 emulation and the del char  and somehow allowing user to
input extended chars like ~%$ and those other goodies, ...it will be
finished.

One thing,
If someone has a com port linker to exchange data from two different com
ports, I could use that a _lot_.  If you have one or you know how to make
one easily for dos/win, please do.  If you need information about the
ports to link and base addresses and irq's, I'll give it to you.  This
would shorten the development time a lot.  I tried it in Qbasic and it
didn't work for me, and I just recently started learning C/C++

Thanks for your time,
Alan Bailey
(sig at bottom)

--