Re: LZ: Graphics help please!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Graphics help please!

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Kevin Retzke wrote:
> 	I am writing a game based on an old computer game called
 XAXON, and I need help because when I try to draw the ship and move
 it, it takes a long time because it has to draw every point.  I got
Formula One Racer, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the
 car, or any image, gets moved so "nicely"?
 I mean how the whole thing gets drawn at the same time.  If anybody
knows how to do this in TI-BASIC that would be nice also.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

------
I just started programming in zshell this past summer and only figured out
how to do this about a week ago. You need to use sprites. I think NASR
works great but you can also this other thingy for sprites that are 8*8 or
6*6.
	To answer you question about ti-basic the answer is quite simple,
No. The only way to do it would be to load pictures but then you would
have to have many many pictures saved onthe calc with take up way too much
memory. Use zshell. Although it is a bit cumbersome NASR really does a
great job and once you've gotten it to work you can easily use it again
and agian. Also, did you notice the city int he backgroun do F1 race? Well
that is also a sprite. (sprite is a little pic that can be moved around on
the screen)
	I'm making a racing game myself right now that I think will blow
F1 and race.85s out of the water (It has tons of sprites for a more
realistic racing atmosphere instead of all those pics taht take up tons of
space and limit your movement and the course does not chunk around)
		Will stokes