Re: LZ: Re: your mail

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: your mail

According to "Tim Lee":
>what is NASR?

        NASR 2.1 and NASR-Warp 2.1 are sprite routines - they are a
pre-defined set of instructions for moving sprites ( little pictures such as
game characters, backdrops, items, etc. ) around on the screen quickly.
NASR and it's brothers are coded by Jingyang Xu, have been around for about
6 months by my guess.  It's just a bit of work that makes less work for
people like Will and I.

        For example, the cars in my Spy Hunter and his game, the asteroids
in Asteroids, the bots in my Tempest... these are all sprites controlled by
NASR.

        I am going to write a guide to NASR sometime soon, as there are so
many questions about it, and few have gotten it to work besides JYX, Will,
and I :)

Hope this helps,
+===========( The Almighty Signature of Ryan "Boris" Myers )===========+
| rmyers@teleport.com			Look for "Canthus" or "Darren" |
| http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/      on DARKWORLD or Twisted Fate!  |
| "I love to displease; it is my nature." - Cyrano de Bergerac, A1S2   |
| "Faith is for nuns and amateurs." - Ham (V)                          |
| "Nolite tes bastardes carborundum." - Margaret Atwood                |
| "Futuaris non irresus ridebus." - Monty Python & Pythonline          |
| "Spam can do this?" - Chrono Trigger, RPG video game                 |
| "C> REALITY.SYS is corrupt, reboot universe? (Y|N)" - Anonymous      |