Re: LZ: Zshell 4.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Zshell 4.5

> I see only one problem, the windows .dll idea failed the same way.  First, if
> you don't have the latest version of the library, some program may not work,
> and same if you do.  What if you only have one program that needs it?  Then you
> still have to have it, but it takes up (probably) a little extra space.  I have
> seen messages saying 'I want to choose what ZShell has and what size it is' or
> something similar, but no matter what, you would have to get this library when
> you get that program, so we still have no choice.  I like the idea of
> libraries, but I think it will not work.

Instead of just one or two large libraries, there can be a diffferent
library for each routine (then it wouldn't really be called a
"library").  Each "library" would be stored as a diffferent variable.
 The library should show up on the ZShell menu and then when executed
it will just display it's version number.  The code in the library
will only be accessible from other programs.

-Ed