Re: LZ: get more ram?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: get more ram?

list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org wrote:

> << Are
>  we ever going to have a program that is over 30k? No. 30k of code, do you
>  realize how big that is?!?! If we do have a program over 30k, we can use
>  overlays. >>
>
> well... the part about the program being over 30K. I'v got the program that
> might be over that, if all the suggestions were put into the new zshell 4.5
> then It would probally take up at least 30K but if not how many programs can
> you fit on there? not many so you would have to put more memory. I have been
> thinking about this for a long time now and I do think it is poss. I am not a
> elec. wizz but I know alittle and nothing is impossable.
>
> What are overlays?
>
> Carl Turner
> cturner142@aol.com

Im talking about 30k of code... If you needed too, you can always load
data in externally (Im talking about extra memory for the calc here) when
you need it. If you have more than 30k of code, you can break it up into
one main section and several other sections, the other sections would be
loaded and deleted as need be.