Re: LZ: Zshell 4.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Zshell 4.5

-> list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org wrote:
-> >
-> > On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, SAM STAUFFER wrote:
-> >
-> > > -> > Other Subroutines could be
-> > > -> >
-> > > -> > High Score
-> > > -> > Collision (maybe)
-> > > -> > NASR (maybe) So 2 programs with NASR only need a library > >
-> -> > Grayshade
-> > > -> > Etc
-> > > -> > Min Idzelis
-> > > -> > http://www.en.com/users/daved/Min/playroom.htm
-> > > ->
-> > > -> These things have no place in the zshell kernel.  They should
-> be > > -> implemented in the program itself.  Otherwise zshell
-> quickly becomes > > -> a 6e12k pile of bloat.
-> > >
-> > > They would be good for a library. For example, when ever you run
-> a > > program it checks to make sure you have the right libraries, if
-> not it > > tells you to get them, otherwise it continues. That way
-> if, let's say, a > > bunch of games used NASR, they could just use a
-> library and wouldn't > > need to have it in themselves.
-> > >
-> >
-> > Right.  I'm all for putting these things in libraries if they want
-> them, > that way I can pick and choose how big I want my copy of
-> ZShell to be. >
-> > On the other hand, I have a terrible feeling one day I'll find
-> someone > has released a 10k library and every program under the sun
-> uses it. >
-> > dreamer
->
-> Ok then, howabout we make one dynamic library strings? The program
-> supplies ZShell the library name (as a string) and ZShell looks in
-> the one master string and executes the function. A program to
-> add/delete functions could be made for dos/linux. It wouldnt be the
-> fastest thing in the world, but then again, calling ZShell to compare
-> stuff to jump isnt the fastest either, i think it would be fine speed
-> for a calculator. Of course if you need a routine a lot, and its
-> small, then you can put it right in the program.

Or could you at the beginning of the program "ASK" ZShell for absolute
address of the library routines so you could directly call them.