Re: LZ: Startup and ZS4.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Startup and ZS4.5

>The problem with asking for everything under the sun for zshell is
>that they might actually do some of it each time they upgrade.
>That means it gets bigger and bigger and your calc gets fancier
>and a lot less useful.
>
>I think they've got all the features they need and I hope a few
>others who think like I do will speak up so they'll know that
>we think small is important.
>
>Don't ask for everything you want in zshell.  It's not like your
>pocket where you can carry what you choose and leave the rest home.
>You have to carry what everyone else wants too.
>
>I hope the people doing 4.5 will not let it get any larger.  Ever.
>even in 5.0 or 15.0.  Not until the 85 memory increases.
>
>It takes a lot of discipline to resist the temptation to add features
>that you guys are asking for.  If they do add them all you'll quit
>using zshell cause you wont have room for anything else.  Think
>about it.
>
>Barry

I agree.  ZShell is a perfect size right now.  Logically, an upgrade should
have more features, but not 5K more.  The only thing that would be useful
would be a contrast changer in Zsehll(+/-).  So you don't have to exit or go
to some contrast changer thing.  That would just take two small routines.
 Remember that Zshell is just a shell to run asm programs in strings that
TI-OS can't.  It's doing it's job perfrectly already.

Alan B.