Re:LZ: optimizing zshell programs for turbo calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 3:39 PM on 8/30/95, becker wrote:

> I asked this a while ago but never got answered:
> Is anyone making or modifying zshell games to make use of turboed
> calculators?  I was also wondering if maybe in zshell 4.5, you could
> have a software switch to optimize the turboed versions, so that they a
> program will run fast when it needs to and slow when it doesn't??

Why waste space for 99% of users to please 1%?

> take, for instance XC1701, when there are a lot of enemies on screen it
> goes really slow, then speeds up when there are fewer. isn't there some
> way of making zshell even this out? or does it have to be dome within
> the code???  What's the point of turboing a calc if 90% of the stuff
> runs too fast??

I think you just answered your own question.

\ \  Jordan Adema                O-   \       A student who changes the
 \ \  jadema@grfn.org                  \         course of history is
  \ \  http://www.calvin.edu/~sadema21/ \      probably taking an exam.