RE: LZ:83 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: LZ:83 ASM

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Micah/Richard Brodsky wrote:

> I see another reason for a shell. I say it's much easier to hit CUSTOM, F1,
> and the arrow keys a few times rather that typing something in (I've played
> around with UM a bit). You could make an ASM based shell like zshell which
> would run the programs and have it launched by a TI-BASIC program. You could
> also have it stick the selected string name in some sort of buffer, like a
> special string, for instance, and then the TI-BASIC could use that send9 thing
> to launch the program. That would make program running easier, and allow for
> neat additions like libraries.

I think a library might be a great idea if there could be some
general agreement about what routines to include.  The compression
code would be a good candidate.  Other programs could use that to
compress data.

For game players, a library of sprite routines might be useful.

I suspect it would take a lot of thought and planning and organization
to keep this idea from becomming a real mess, but with that planning
it might turn out to be a great idea.

However, I think the shell should be capable of managing libraries.
It shouldn't actually contain them.  People who don't play games
shouldn't waste their memory on sprite routines.

Barry