Re: LZ: Startup and ZS4.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Startup and ZS4.5

Min Idzelis wrote:

> Can you hide strings from the [MEM] command??? So it's still in the
> calc, but not visible??? Maybe store all the program strings inside a
> big ZSHELL variable????

Well, I've done a Fakemem program that fakes the Mem menu. It uses interupts,
and whenever the interrupt routine fins out that F1 points to Mem->Reset or
Mem->RAM it changes those pointers so it points to the fake program instead.
Very useful at finals and such, because you're free to do calculation while
the program is running, and ZShell is also gone from the [custom] menu
until you press [2nd] + [right arrow]. The programs actually works, though
only on calcs with rom 9.0 because I use a routine in the rom that isn't
a rom call = different places on different rom versions. When ZShell 4.5
is out, the program will be much smaller and work on all rom versions.

There are some bugs though. You can't for example use the graphscreen, since
the interrupt is stored there, and you should not change the length of
the Ans variable (if the Ans is a Real when running Fakemem, it should be
Real until you exit fakemem, because if it isn't, fakemem will move around
in the memory and the calc will crash). This could be fixed with RST 10h
and RST20h I believe.

If anyone wants it, mail me.

<pre>
--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se

"If anything can go wrong, it will
 if it can't, it will anyway"

"I was worth the best, and nothing but the best,
 so when I gave myself a present, it was me" - Cat rapes dog
</pre>