Re: LZ: MenuText .2b

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: MenuText .2b

On 28 Aug 96 at 14:38, d5w@aegis.nitco.com wrote:

> I successfuly ran tasm on this with 0 errors, can Anyone tell me why this
> crashes my calc?
> #include "TI-85.h"
>
> .org 0
> .db "MenuText v.1b", 0
>
> Main:
>          ROM_CALL(CLEARLCD)
>          ld     hl,$0101
>          ld ($8333),hl
> get:
>          call GET_KEY  ;Get the number of the key pressed
>          cp     $37
>          ret    z
>          cp     $0
>          jr     z, get
> gogetsml:
>          JUMP_(getsmall)

 /.../

> getsmall:
>          call GET_KEY  ;Get the number of the key pressed
>          cp     $37
>          ret    z
>          cp     $0
>          jr     z, getsmall
> gogetlg:
>          JUMP_(get)

/.../

It won't crash your calc! You can still exit with EXIT. BUT, you won't
be able to type anything. When you start this program, it will repeat
the get part of the code till getkey returns anything else than 0. If
it's $37 the program will exit. If it something else the program will
jump to getsmall. Here exactly the same thing will happen, except that
program execution will jump to get again.

Mattias Lindqvist
CS student at LTH, Sweden
E-mail: d96mli@efd.lth.se