Re: LZ: How to do self-modifying code?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: How to do self-modifying code?

That's not really self-modifying code.  If you don't know what your'e
doing you can really mess up using self-modifying code.  It can be fun,
but you have to know the opcodes well.  What your'e doing does not require
it, and I would definatlly not recommend it with your prob at hand.

<pre>
---
site									ignore

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996 AlanBailey@aol.com wrote:

> To store data, you have to have a label.
> stuff:
>             .db $00,$00,$0F
>
> to access that data, use this:
>             ld hl,PROGRAM_ADDR              ;gets start of program, stored by
> ZS
>             ld de,stuff                                  ;takes the label
> offset
>             add hl,de                                   ;hl now contains the
> address of the first byte
>
> to load numbers to that location:
>            ld (hl),a                                      ;would load a into
> the first byte after stuff:
>
> Again, use this somewhere in your code:
>            ld hl,ZS_BITS
>            set 0,(hl)