Re: LZ:83 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ:83 ASM

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Rob Taylor wrote:

> not to mention that teh ti-83 doesn't have memroy-mapped graphics
> liek the ti-85,a dn that TI havn't  got round to telling us how to
> access the screeen direcly...
>
> (if i had a ti-83 i could probably figure it out, but.....)

I think they're docs say you can't access it directly, which
probably means it's not memory mapped.  They probably have a
chip that controls the screen and you put stuff on the screen
by telling the chip how to do it.

That's fairly common in Z80 systems of old.  Especially in CP/M
where the screen was a terminal.  You controled the screen by
sending escape codes to the terminal.  There was no memory map
in CP/M in most cases.  The few that did have memory maps, like
my Kaypro 10, had to pretend they didn't have them when they
interfaced with CP/M.

Barry