Re: LZ: Accessing variables with ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rob Taylor wrote:

> > > May I have ROM compatibility problems if I use some of them ?
> >
> > Nope. Same on all calcs (99% certain). Since they are used very often, it
> > would be strange if TI changed so much of the ROM when making a new
> > ROM version.
> WRONG!!
> This is one of teh reasons for zshell : teh rom's change significanlt
> between versions, for roms 8.0 and below, the method of calculating
> teh addes is as stated in ti-rom.txt , but for rom 9.0 upwards
> there's no simple method, the one use in zshell is to store the
> address of tehj routing in rom 9.0 and have an offset from thsi
> address for rom 10 (ther were only minor differences between rm 9 and
> 10, but huge differences between 8 and 9)

What? The question was IIRC if RST 10h and RST20h would cause compatibility
problems, and it won't. Of course all other rom calls that ZShell doesn't
support are a bit of a problem.

<pre>
--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se

"If anything can go wrong, it will
 if it can't, it will anyway"

"I was worth the best, and nothing but the best,
 so when I gave myself a present, it was me" - Cat rapes dog
</pre>