Re: LZ: my test results

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: my test results

> you can even check these results yourself. by the way if an assembler
> program is optimized fully(which mine is) the file size will MOST LIKELY
> be smaller but i can not say for sure. Also note that the file size for
> the TI-BASIC version is the size of the file AFTER tokenzation(is that
> spelled correctly).

it's not optimized full at all.. for a start you use JUMP insted of
jr , and you coudl probably write a more efficient lookup table
routine, where you get teh key code,sub 1, and 3 (restricts it to
arrow keys) shift left 3 times, and add to a pointer that points to

dc.b "DOWN",0,0,0,0
dc.b "LEFT",0,0,0,0
dc.b "RIGHT",0,0,0,0
dc.b "UP",0,0,0,0,0,0

and tehn print that address.. I'll think you find teh code would be
much smaller and faster.
Just a little lesson in optimisation.....

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@ticalc.org
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/

Follow-Ups: References: