Re: LZ: Accessing variables with ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Accessing variables with ASM

> Lionel Maiaux wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder why some of nice routines listed in the "ti-rom" file are not
> > documented in the "zsfnlib" file (RST 10,RST 20, ...) ?
>
> zsfnlib? Never heard of that file, but in ti-rom.txt you can find some
> information about RST 10h and RST 20h.

because all rom routines have to be acesssed though zshell, we only
chose to support those taht we're vaguely useful..

> > May I have ROM compatibility problems if I use some of them ?
>
> Nope. Same on all calcs (99% certain). Since they are used very often, it
> would be strange if TI changed so much of the ROM when making a new
> ROM version.
WRONG!!
This is one of teh reasons for zshell : teh rom's change significanlt
between versions, for roms 8.0 and below, the method of calculating
teh addes is as stated in ti-rom.txt , but for rom 9.0 upwards
there's no simple method, the one use in zshell is to store the
address of tehj routing in rom 9.0 and have an offset from thsi
address for rom 10 (ther were only minor differences between rm 9 and
10, but huge differences between 8 and 9)

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@ticalc.org
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/