Re: LZ:83 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ:83 ASM

According to Andy:

>hahahhahahah.... my math teacher said the same thing.  I know why
>they say that.  They have been trained to use the 82.  Now they see
>the 83 and the like because hey it works the same (mostly).   They
>don't want to have people making it difficult for them.  The 85 has
>the superior mathematic functionality.  Thats why the TI-83 is not
>the TI-86.  If you are willing to spend the miniscule amount of time
>to learn the simple ti-85 OS (which in my opinion is 20000 times
>better than the 82's) then the ti85 is right for you.  I for one am
>going to stick to programming the 85 (until Mshell comes out and then
>I'm going to do that too).  I think most of the developers will stick
>to the 85.

Hmm... maybe someone has been a bit behind... in more ways than one.

1) MShell is now being called Fargo.  And it looks VERY good.  I would also
    mention that Fargo is for the TI-92.

2) The 85 only is superior because of ZShell, which allows ASM.  Now the 83
    can do ASM built in by TI... so what's wrong?  If I remember correctly,
the 83
    is less expensive than the 85.  That's a big thing, most of us don't
have the
    cash to get both.  And also, I know adults that can't use an 85 ( that's why
    almost everyone I know around here is either in high school or college :) )

3) The 85 OS is simple, true, but only for certain things.  Almost all the
classes
    in college / HS that require an 85 do so because of the more advanced things
    it can do.  If you have done any length of work with the TI's Simult
functions for
    math you will understand.

>-Andy
>
>> I am sure this has already been coverd but has anyone used assembly on the
>> 83. I know it supports ASM but has anybody actually done it? How do you
>> do it without a custom menu if it has been done because my Algebra II
>> teacher said we should probably buy the 83. Is there a "Zshell" for the
>> 83 and if so where can I get it? Thanks a lot.
>>                     -Matt Shetler

Well... I'm not sure quite where you get the 83... :)

The 83 has ASM support built in.  Check TICALC.ORG, it has a big list of all
the locations and ports you need and how to use them.

The reason it can do so without a Custom menu is that after seeing the
response to ZShell, TI wised up and built Assembly support in directly.

C ya,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" on DARKWORLD