Re: LZ: Need To Sell Something?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Need To Sell Something?

According to becker:
(snip snip snip )

>I guess thats the difference between you and Isaac, huh Chris?
>you only needed to post information about your page ONCE, we would have
>got the message! And 75% more of us probably would have checked it out.
>I wouldn't hold out for that businessman-of-the-year award if I were
>you...

Ahem... I think this is the biggest turn-off.  When you posted the first
time, people who were interested said they would take a look, others said
they didn't want it.  That was all.  But the ads continued and continued.

As a business you can't make anyone happy.  Unless it's a legal matter you
don't need to spend time defending your product.  That should be put into
advertising or R&D.  Or the other workers' paychecks :) ( are there any
other workers? )

There's also the matter of target audience... maybe if it ran ZShell more
would be interested, but it doesn't.  When it runs ZShell, I think a lot of
us will be more receptive.  But until then, most of us simply aren't
interested, and repeatedly posting things we don't need or want is just
taking up bandwidth and wasting our time.

To Chris Kline - Once this runs ZShell, I, for one, will be interested.  Let
me know.

>Does anybody have a beta of street fighter? I really would like to check
>it out. I'm gonna subscribe to the bianaries list, because I think I may
>have missed it (and others) by not subscribing there.

Hmm... it hasn't been released on binaries.  Most people who have it got it
on IRC.  Go to channel #calc-ti on EFNet.  ( For a server, try
irc.ais.net:6674 )

Also, I'm currently working on a bird's eye view racing game right now
fairly reminiscent of Spy Hunter.  Is there anyone interested in beta
testing once I can get enough of it working to look somewhat okay?  It may
develop into a full-blown Spy Hunter clone if I have enough time when school
starts ( 8 days, ack!!! ;..(   )

C y'all later,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/