Re: LZ: another question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: another question

On 22 Aug 96 at 7:37, David Kristensen wrote:

> What is textmem2? I found it in the new ti-85.h. Since I missed all mail in
> the beginning of the summer, I missed the new release and any discussion on
> it. What does the calc use it for, how big is it (the same as text_mem?),
> can we use it for variables (hey, it would be better than using graph
> memory!), etc.

As far as I know, TEXT_MEM2 has always been in ti-85.h. TEXT_MEM2 is
a secondary text memory which is used when the contents of the main
text memory has to be saved for later use. When you enter ZShell
text-mem 2 holds a copy of the textscreen as it looked before you
entered z-shell. Since ZShell doesn't use it to restore the text display
it can be used for variable storing.

Regards,
Mattias Lindqvist   <eng96gml@lustudat.student.lu.se>