LZ: custom pointer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: custom pointer

Ok, I've come to the conclusion that my earlier idea with the custom menu
pointer was flawed. The idea would still work, just not my implication.
Perhaps the name of the string could be stored in the variable I was
suggesting instead of the address. Then zshell could search for it each time
and run it. This would allow it to be moved around a lot. Let me also answer
a few other questions while I'm at it. Zshell would be modified, but only to
start with, therefore there is no worry about it being the first variable.
The thing that would be modified would be the other variable (a temporary
one, maybe). This way it could be modified at will, and even transferred
from calc to calc or to computer without the use of backups. Zshell would
then search for this variable each time, so it could be used and modified as
many times as it needed to be. Plus, after we figure out how to create and
modify variables (which someone is working on right now, or else I would be
doing it), it would be easy. The entire point of this message is 1:) The
application I said at first may have a lot of bugs, but that doesn't mean
that the idea does, and 2:) I wanted to say that here is a way that it could
work. So far, I've mostly gotten flames from people saying that it either
won't work or that it's stupid. 1:) It WILL work, or at least there is a way
to do it, even if it's not the way I said in this message, there is a way
somewhere to make it. 2:) Zshell itself had no purpose to begin with, it was
just a way to write assembly language on the calculator, which is stupid
because you could always do it on a computer, and you would have to anyway
to compile it and send it to the calc. It was only after they made it that
they found applications for it (and everyone knows how good they are). My
point is, don't shoot down an idea because you see no use for it now.

David Kristensen at the University of Missouri - Kansas City
dkristensen@cctr.umkc.edu

The Mind conquers All...