Re: LZ: zshell and custom menu

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: zshell and custom menu

list-zshell@defiant.rbk.sollentuna.se wrote:

> -> It sounds great! But I don't know if you thought about one thing..
> -> To get the ZShell into the custom menu you have to transfer it as a
> -> mem backup.. i suspect that to get the other programs you would have
> -> to do that also.. whickh would erase ZShell.  I'm not saying that it
> -> won't work.. but I don't know how you would get the program into the
> -> custom menu.. But if it works I'd love a copy!
>
> You could make a ZShell program to do it, since then you would have
> access to all memory.
No... A program to do it would be useless. The reason ZShell MUST be
transferred by backup is that it HAS to be the first string. If ZShell
were say the 2nd variable in the vat, and someone deleted a variable
before it (im talking deletable vars here.), you would end up with trash
on the custom menu, since the address of zshell would change. This would
have to be either incorporated into zshell, or edited in by hand into a
zshell backup. A program would be useless because the program could
never be deleted, and it would be harder to program it than to do it by
hand.

<pre>
--

--Steve