Re: LZ: Mach-85 (REAL TI Emulator!!)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Chris Kline wrote:

> > The TI-85 emulator that exist is VERY good, and the only bad
> > thing is that you must have a parallel link to transfer from
> > the calc (hopefully fixed soon).
>
> If your satisfied with TIEMU.zip or whatever the actual name of it is
> by Rob Taylor you must be insane.  Sure it's identical to the TI in
> every way, because it IS basically the TI cause it's a ROM dump which
> according to Texas Instruments is illegal to destribute.  It's also
> VERY limited and SLOW and can't even save to the hard drive.

Slow?!  Slow?!  Man, that thing zooms at about 2 times faster than the
85.
And isn't the goal of an emulator to be exactly like the original?  If
so,
TIEmu has reached it's goal...

> > > - Spell Checking
> >
> > On a calculator? Ehhh.
>
> Wuld Yu Rthr Hve Yor Progrms Lok Lik Thois??
> (Our Would You Rather Have Your Programs Look Like This?)

If you can't find your own spelling errors, you shouldn't be programming
anyway...

> > You call that a "TI-85 emulator"?? It's a PC program that can
> > run TI-85 basic program and probably have graph support and
> > such.
>
> There's nothing the TI can do that Mach-85 can't.

Umm...ZShell?

> > Umm. Good luck to get ZShell to work. And definately ZShell programs.
> > I want to see a working Grayscale program or Ulterior Motive on it...
>
> It can be done, the only dilema is that Mach-85 doesn't throw everything
> in a ROM dump so you can't take the ZShell backup and install it.  If it's
> not supported, oh well, then I guess we're limited to the basic programmers.

...who aren't going to spend $10 to get a program to program on their
computers.

If you're going to use this Mach85 thing, you'd have to have a link of
some kind.
I've noticed (in my old high school anyway) that the people who don't
have computers
and/or links are the only ones who use/program in TIBasic.  The rest use
ZShell...

If I were you, I'd work on a Mach 82... since there would be no
competition...
				  ^^
andyS

<pre>