Re: LZ: Sprites

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Sprites

Joshua Lynch wrote:

>         I was wondering what a sprite is. I noticed that the Nintendo
> GameBoy uses a similar Z-80 processor so I came to the conclusion that maybe
> the TI-85 had them/it too. Could someone explain what they are and what they
> are good for and if the TI-85 has them?

A sprite is an object or bitmap (often 8x8, 16x16 or 16x8 pixels). A
real
sprite is something the hardware handles, else it's not a real sprite.
The Gameboy has hardware things for handling sprite and it has nothing
to do
with the processor.

| Real name: Jimmy Mårdell              | "From a heaven
descent              |
| Email....: mailto:mja@algonet.se      |  A suicidal
dissident               |
| IRC-name.: Yarin                      |  My power is
omnipotent             |
| WWW......: http://www.algonet.se/~mja |  Demigod, king and president"
- CRD |
|          "I'm the operator with my pocket calculator" -
Kraftwerk           |