Re: LZ: zshell questions...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: zshell questions...

On Sat, 03 Aug 1996 21:35:02 +0700 "Eric P. Anderson" <crusader@mo.net>
writes:
>>would it be possible to write a program that would slow down the
>z80's
>>clock(which runs at 11mhz) to what ever speed so i could make a clock
>>that would tell the time?
>
>No, the z80 in the 85 runs at 6mhz.  There is no regulated clock on
>the 85
>so an accurate clock is impossible.  Programs have been attempted for
>this
>but are never accurate due to the variance in speed as related to
>remaining
>battery life.

Is that necessarily true?  Isn't the link port's speed somewhat
regulated?
I was able to write a program on the 82 a few years ago in TI BASIC.  The
82  BASIC has a send variable feature which I used in the second delay.
Granted,  it's no atomic clock, but it was only off by about a second
every nine minutes.  Could something like this not also be implemented
in ZSHELL?  Do we have another cause for "82 envy"?  Or am I simply a
fool?

Corey Roussel
man-in-the-moon@juno.com