Re: LZ: JR or JP?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: JR or JP?

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Rob Taylor wrote:

> > Does anyone know if there's a reason to use JP instead of JR for a program
> > jump?  The JR instruction, according to the book I have, uses one less byte
> > to have in code, so that would help optimize memory; also the assembler
> > resolves the relative (JR) addresses for you, doesn't it?
> >
> you can't use JP because of teh way teh Ti-85 works..
> Zshell provides teh psudo-opcode JUMP_() which can be used instead of
> JP.

You can use JP just fine in the 83.  Since a shell isn't needed
and TI has promised to maintain their published addresses in future
revisions, all code loads at the same address and all rom calls are
at fixed addresses and all those rules don't apply.

Of course this is the zshell list but if it's going to be extended to
the TI-83, and I hope it will be, then things might get a little more
generic.

Barry