Re: LZ: RT-Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: RT-Link

>I just want to know if it matters which lead of the 10uF
>capacitors goes to where.  They're the cylindrical blue kind with a lighter
>blue/gray stripe down the side with the shorter lead. (one lead is longer
>than the other).  Some people have told me they're polarized and some have
>said otherwise so I'm turning to you guys for help.  Are they polarized or
>not??? If they are, which lead should connect where???

It does matter.  The capacitor you are talking about it a electrolyctic cap.,
which are all polarized (I think if you want to get the same uF ratings but
use them unpolarized or with AC elec, you use tantalums, maybe not, i'm not
sure)..

The shorter lead (and the side with the stripe on it) is the negative side,
the longer lead positive...  if this was to be a ceramic cap (the
orange-peach kind, that looks like a round circle) , then they are
unpolarized... ceramic caps are usually smaller value caps though...

Hope this helps..

Darkmage