From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org] On Behalf Of David Phillips
Sent: Friday, 12 September, 2003 21:20
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: Checksums

PBC Guild writes:
> How are checksums calculated, anyway?  If I could calculate checksums
> for some of my favorite shareware games, I might be able to make new
> maps.

I wasn't aware there were any "shareware" games for the TI-83.  If you
are
talking about the format of .83p files, then see this reference:

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~tsinger/link/TI-83/

As for checksums in general, there are lots of algorithms.  Popular
algorithms include CRC-32, MD5 and SHA1.

http://www.faqs.org/rfc/rfc1321.txt
http://www.faqs.org/rfc/rfc3174.txt
http://cr.yp.to/hash127.html

--