[A83] Re: Will someone create a clock for the TI-83 Plus?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Max Sikstrom wrote:

>>>It would be cool if we can get use of the backup battery to
>>>create a clock for the TI-83 Plus
>>>

>>   I don't think that's possible. The battery gives a direct
>>   current, and to have a clock you need a pulse of some kind.
>>   I don't think AC is useable either.

>>Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
>>http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
>>

>It's possible... You just have to use a crystal and a frequency divider,
>a binary conter and a parallel-to-serial converter, or something like
>that... But I think it easier to buy a realtime clock IC, and build a
>interface to the link-port...

Heh.. yeah. The whole idea of pluggin your (portable) calc into the wall
just to be able to have a clock seems quite stupid :)
specially since it would stop working when you unplug it.
Realtime IC.s are cheap and easy to interface. The Dallas DS 1302 has
serial interface and costs about $5 for example (the first I could find,
there are probably even cheaper, the price is from elfa.se who are quite
expensive)
Its surface mounted and only 8 pins. really small.

--Olle

Follow-Ups: References: