[A83] Re: Will someone create a clock for the TI-83 Plus?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Will someone create a clock for the TI-83 Plus?

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:38:00 -0700 (PDT)
Sean McLaughlin <sigma_ti@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Leo Law <leolaw@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> > It would be cool if we can get use of the backup battery to
> > create a clock for the TI-83 Plus
>
>    I don't think that's possible. The battery gives a direct
>    current, and to have a clock you need a pulse of some kind.
>    I don't think AC is useable either.

> http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

It's possible... You just have to use a crystal and a frequency divider,
a binary conter and a parallel-to-serial converter, or something like
that... But I think it easier to buy a realtime clock IC, and build a
interface to the link-port...

--
Max Sikstrom
pengi@molik.org