[A83] Re: Differences between TI-83 and TI-83+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Differences between TI-83 and TI-83+

TASM supports 2 different ways to express hexidecmal numbers, either with
the $ prefix ($9327) or with the h suffix (0F5h).  Some compilers don't
support the $ prefix (ZDS).  The other part about the H suffix is that
sometimes you need to add a leading 0 so it doesn't think it's a label.  F0h
would be considered a label, but 0F0h would be considered a Hex number.  $
prefix doesn't have that requirement.

The other use of the $ is that when the $ is used alone, it refers to the
current execution address.  so ld hl, $ would load the address of that line
into hl.  jp $+6 would jump 3 bytes ahead of the jump.  (check z80
reference.txt for more details about the size of instructions)