[A83] Re: allocating uninitialized memory? + _insertmem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: allocating uninitialized memory? + _insertmem

Hi !

I'm making an ASM program on ti-83- which needs about 4
Kbytes of temporary memory. I've already seen that the rom
calls _insertmem and _deletemem have already been discussed
here, and they are "described" in the ti-83+ SDK, but I
haven't found the *clear* aswer to this question : how can we
use the free mem to store big data ?

thanks in advance

guillaume h.

06/05/03 15:28:08, "Joe Pemberton" <joe@joepnet.com> a écrit:

>#ifdef TI83P
>
>FREE_MEM_START  .equ $9824
>FREE_MEM_END  .equ $9828
>
>#else
>
>FREE_MEM_START  .equ $930D
>FREE_MEM_END  .equ $9311
>
>#endif
>

>There are pointers at (FREE_MEM_START) and (FREE_MEM_END).
To find the
>total free RAM, subtract (FREE_MEM_START) from
(FREE_MEM_END).
>(FREE_MEM_START) points to the first free byte of free RAM,
and
>(FREE_MEM_END) points to first byte of non-free RAM.
>

>> I was just wondering if there was a way to create a bit of
free space for
>> program by recording where the stack pointer is, then
decrementing it by
>the
>> amount of space that the program wants.  If this method
was used, would
>> there be a way to detect stack overflow?

_________
>Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? Télécharger MSN
Messenger
>http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1ère messagerie
instantanée de France