[A83] Re: 2ND-MEM Blocking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: 2ND-MEM Blocking

At 07:46 PM 3/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>there are no hooks at all on the ti-83.  i'm not quite sure how the 82
>shells work but i think they managed to change the context vectors and keep
>them modified until a ram reset... if you could modify the homescreen
>context vectors in this manner you could accomplish the same as a key hook.
>(the cxmain pointer points to the routine which processes key presses)
>
>brandon sterner

82 shells have a certain level of control over protected areas because they
are installed by hand into backup files.  If you wanted to move your shell
to the realm of backup installing, the same solution might work.  I'm not
sure if TIOS would do stuff after the install, tho.  Perhaps you can point
the OS away from the areas you edited or something.

Follow-Ups: References: