[A83] Link protocol help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Link protocol help

I am developing a simple linking program (in Visual Basic 6 using the MSComm
control) for the black link cable.  When I try to do a silent send transfer
(my first attempt at a link function) I am having trouble getting the
calculator to respond to a Request To Send packet, i.e. I can send the bytes
for this packet but a timeout occurs in my GetBit routine afterwards.  I
know that my GetBit routine works - I have tried sending a program with my
TI-83 while the routine was active.

I was hoping that users in this group with the TI-calc's point of view would
understand why my TI-83 will not respond to a RTS packet!  I can provide
source code if need be.  -Jeff

Here is my debug text, indicating the hex and character of bytes that are
sent:

PutByte 3                  Computer sending TI-83 data
Returned True
PutByte C9  É                RTS
Returned True
PutByte B                  number of bytes in data section (11)
Returned True
PutByte 0
Returned True
PutByte D4  Ô                size of variable
Returned True
PutByte 0
Returned True
PutByte 6                  variable type
Returned True
PutByte 5A  Z                variable name
Returned True
PutByte 41  A
Returned True
PutByte 53  S
Returned True
PutByte 4D  M
Returned True
PutByte 4C  L
Returned True
PutByte 4F  O
Returned True
PutByte 41  A
Returned True
PutByte 44  D
Returned True
PutByte 35  5                checksum of data section
Returned True
PutByte 3
Returned True
 GetBit