[A83] Re: Free RAM?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Free RAM?

You can always use _insertmem and _delmem to allocate and release ram.  Just
make sure you check for enough free ram before you start inserting memory in
places.

A good place to allocate memory is at the address Usermem, then you just
have to deallocate it when you're done.

Only apps can allocate mem there, obviously.  ASM programs run from there so
they don't do well inserting lots of ram into themselves :)

-- BEGIN included message

I need about 2-4KB of RAM on the TI-83+. Is there a better way then
having to use AppVars or Programs? As it is only temporary I don't
need to keep the information.

Evan

---
My computer doesn't crash,