[A83] Re: calculator networking - good idea?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: calculator networking - good idea?

>... each calc only have to drain one other calc
> low, just as normal link, instead of having to drain many.

I am worried about the electrical aspects of my plan.  Does anyone know
whether one link port can drive three others without buffering?

Also, since each data line in the port is open collector, can the following
happen?
     Calc 1 pulls white line low.
     Calcs 2,3,4 do not pull white line low.
     Calc 1, although it pulled the white line low, reads the linkport
        and finds that white line is high.

     -- or --

     Calc 1 pulls white line low.
     Calc 2 pulls white line low.
     Calc 1, although it pulled the white line low, reads the linkport
        and finds that white line is low.

[If I used a ring structure, a software or hardware malfunction in any of
the calculators would screw over the entire network :).]

Jeff