[A83] Re: Announcinga new TI-83 Development Suite

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Announcinga new TI-83 Development Suite

> Van: Aaron St.John <aaronstj@hotmail.com>
>
>> how would one modify it so that the compiler would make use of romcalls?
>> would this be a library issue?
>
> That would indeed be a library issue.  You'd have to rewrite the bulk of
> the CRT (C RunTime library) to make it at all efficient, but you could
> strictly get the compiler working with (I would imagine) very little
> effort. SDCC also has an assembler, as well as allowing inline
> assembling, so you'd be able to write the CRT it ASM for effieciencies
> sake.  This was how it worked on the GB compiler, a huge library written
> in ASM.  Without sometihng like that, your programs would be laughably
> slow.

Erm sorry, but the GBDK (GameBoy Development Kit) never actually worked
with SDCC. The last beta releases (years ago) did include the SDCC but it
was *kinda* buggy.

The author of the GBDK is still actively working on the SDCC. Though AFAIK
he's currently expanding the Z80 frontend (they use an intermediate
language) to also compile for i8086.

Links:
 - http://gbdk.sf.net/
 - http://sdcc.sf.net/