[A83] Ti83+ maintainer for the z88dk

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Ti83+ maintainer for the z88dk

I know this is an impopular subject here...
  [ Aka, I learned assembly, so you should learn assembly.
    Programming the Z80 Ti's should be hard ;-) ]

But I'm searching for a maintainer for the Ti83+ port of the z88dk. The
z88dk is C development kit for Z80 processors, it has a fairly large lib,
and there are plenty of platforms supported. Con is the that the compiler
isn't that well optimized *cough*, though it's better optimized and
supports more real C than the (Small-C) compilers found on ticalc.org

Your task will be to look at some crashes people experience(d) wich I can't
reproduce on my VTI, nor my Ti83(-). There seems to be in bug in
bin2var/bin2var2 causing the Ti83+ to convert (which it *apperently*
shouldn't) the "Ti83 BASIC" file to Ti83+ BASIC. This presumably counts for
a number of bug reports people posted. With DevPac8x everything works
allright mostly.

Then there's the Ti83+ grayscale lib, I apparently chose a wrong memory
area for the IM2 routine to be put in (it also conflicts with some shells).
This cause the program to run load and run correctly, but to crash upon
return to the shell. On the Ti83(-) I just jump to the routine inside the
program itself (using a much smaller external IM2 handling routine). But on
the Ti83+, with the upper memory ROM page swapability, this seems not
right.

Btw, I learned a heck of lot about compilers and Z80 assembly in the
process of tweaking the z88dk's Ti82-86 support. And if you really want to
step into it, there's the SDCC compiler, which is desperately needing a
better Z80 lib. Porting the Z88DK lib to this much better optimizing
compiler would be an option. Though it will take *some* time due to
internal differences (like parameter-stack order)...

	Henk Poley <><
 	- http://z88dk.sf.net/