[A83] Re: calculator networking - good idea?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: calculator networking - good idea?

ever heard of  "digital phase lock"(ing) ....
lemme help:
manchester 2 encoding works this way

when the line changes from low to high ( _|~ ) it's a 1 .. when it goes from
high to low ( ~|_ ) it's a zero.... now...
the Manchester II packet is like this....
56 bits preamble "10101010101010....."
1 byte: "10101011" marks end of preamble..
48 bits: dest. address
48 bits: source address
16 bits: data lenght
xx bytes: data...
32 bits: CRC checksum...

hte purpose of the preamble is exactly for "syncing" the lcocks.. knowing
that they cannot be exactly the same...the clocks used to read data are
slightly faster .. and using the preamble... the delay needed to make the
clocks synched is calculated (digital phase lock)... and then you're done...

-Nicolas Gilles