[A83] Re: calculator networking - good idea?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: calculator networking - good idea?

> About the networking...I'm working on such a project in school. It's
> based around a counter and a multiplexer where four calculators take
> turns in sending/receiving. Seemed to be the most convenient solution
> to me.
>
> I also thought about the token-ring model. But i left the idea because
> i couldn't think of a way to synchronize the sending when you only have
> on wire between each calculator.

In my sollution, the syncronization is done by the other calcs. you send
the bit a full lap around the net, and the bit effectivly acks itself.
Could be slow with many calcs though, not tested it.This is about the same scheme as the link uses, really, only that the bit
only passes through one other calc instead of several.
--Olle