[A83] Re: returning to OS in call routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: returning to OS in call routines

> When do you absolutely need self modifying code?
>
> brandon sterner

I can think of a case which can't be resolved any other way: when your
program is so huge that it wouldn't fit in the memory without reusing
code with smc tricks (like using the same subroutine for or'ing and
xor'ing sprites). Of course, the performance reasons mentioned before are
much more practical; I've yet to see such a large program that can't be
improved in a different way.

PG

                          or over the web