[A83] Re: 83p os

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: 83p os

>These limitations sort of kill the purpose of multitasking. If you are
>limited to simple routines with no possibility of timing (own interrupt
>handler), process management will be nothing more than a useless overhead,
>and you are better of running your programs sequentially.

I've written several very usefull multi-tasked programs under Windows, and
I've never once written anything like an interupt handler or even directly
accessed the hardware.  That's the whole idea of an OS, to shield the user
from the hardware.  You should never need to write an interupt handler, you
should be able to take care of everything you need (timing, input, output,
memory management) through the OS.

Stupid like a fox!
Look ma, I'm an artist: http://aaronstj.deviantart.com