[A83] Re: 83p os

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: 83p os

> >In fact there is a "solution". Instead of running native machine code,
> >the applications could be run through an interpreter, much like TI-BASIC.
> >All we need is a powerful script-like language.
> And a really fast one too, otherwise the OS is of no use. I think that if
> the os simply checks every z80 instruction that is executed, you will
> have a faster program.
It depends on what the OS is made for. For me it would make more sense to
create a relatively simple language which provides access to the hardware
(LCD, keyboard, link port), has builtin integer/fp arithmetic and lets
you use basic control structures (functions, for, while, switch,
if-then-else...) and pointers with automatic address verification.

What I usually miss about the TIOS is the possibility to draw graphs and
run programs in the background while e. g. reviewing preceding results on
the home screen. It would be nice to retain user interaction while
running a long calculation.

PG

                          love email again

Follow-Ups: References: